We’ll try to do these posts in a blog format here and there as news and questions arise for all to see. I like to discuss a lot of the information in Discord, but some people do not utilize discord, so this is another format we can provide the information in. If you aren’t part of our discord server, I HIGHLY recommend you join our discord for the latest and most up to date happenings on Nimthyr! It’s very easy to join discord and you don’t even have to download a program to use it.
How do I price things?
– This is the most common question I’ve seen asked this week by almost everyone who has tried to sell anything. My personal recommendation is to be a goblin. There may be a shortage of coin on the server now, but as people raise their fight skill, vote more frequently, and are paid just for being online, they will have more coins. That 50ql axe you sold today for 50c will raise in price once people have more coins. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to price for the future rather than pricing for maximum sales currently as once your market runs dry, it’s game over.
Should I trade items for other items?
– Wurm is great when it comes to bartering for goods and services, my recommendation is that you come to clear and concise terms on payment before hand, and do not automatically check accept in the trade window. Ensure that you are going to receive what was agreed upon and if the deal is off, then don’t trade with that person in the future and move about your day. Trading goods and services can be a very lucrative practice when handled correctly.
Should I give stuff away for free?
– We have no rule against it but also, WHY? If your village mate needs an item and they are providing something back for you, go for it! If you are just handing out stuff left and right for free to anyone and everyone, I don’t think your economy situation will handle itself well a few months from now when people are trying to sell items. Those are my personal feelings, of course we do not employ any form of trade or selling oversight, it is a free market here on Nimthyr
On to other matters! We have had huge growth in the past week, our record showing 37 members online, a registration base of 115 characters signed up, with 85 unique Steam IDs. That is a pretty big first week! We have also risen to #5 on Wurm-Unlimited.com just behind our sister server Genesis with a total of 119 votes. That is a great start. I thank everyone who has voted for our site, it is a great way to grow the server and if you would like to help promote the server further, here are some ways you can do so:
- Vote everyday on our website
- Leave a comment on our Wurm Online forum page on how much you enjoy our server: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/175531-nimthyr-server-cluster-2k-maps-5x-1x-skill-gain-5x-actions/
- Register an account on Wurm-Unlimited.com and add Nimthyr to your favorites, this helps increase our total score.
All in all, it’s been a great first week and I look forward to meeting all of you in voice chat from time to time and if you have any issues, please submit a support ticket or utilize our discord channels so we can help you as fast as possible. We are very quick with responses to service requests and we want to ensure that your time here is a great one!
Thanks for reading,